Benefits & Disadvantage of Paytm
Updated: Dec 8, 2018 8:33 pm
Benefits & drawbacks of Paytm wallet,
Paytm is India’s No.1 smart e-wallet it also provides limited banking services for its bank account holder – It’s fast, safe gives cashback on recharge, bill payment, ticket booking & shopping on the merchant stores.
But it may charge you to transfer your own money from Paytm to the bank in need, or can take up to 7 days to refund your money for canceled item at Paytm, You can lose your total Paytm cash if someone gets access to your mobile number & Paytm clearly mentioned that such money will not be covered.
Please read the complete list of advantage & disadvantage of using Paytm, otherwise, you may charge for some services or your money may steal due to phone loss or unauthorized access to the mobile number.
Benefits of using Paytm wallet-
- It is quick & safe,
- Pay bill payment, recharge book ticket and lots more in a single application and keep track of all under order history.
- Widely accepted today,
- Keep your wallet loaded & you don’t need to carry debit or credit card means fewer chances for being fraud,
- Easily Return money to the same bank when you need,
- Transfer money from Paytm to the bank account as low as 4%,
- Get Cashback on most of the store using Paytm wallet,
- Less documentation to Upgrade Paytm wallet limit.
- Good wallet limits (up to 1 lakh).
- Easy & automatical refund to Paytm wallet in case of product cancellation at partners store.
- Use your credit cards to load money in Paytm Wallet and earn reward points.
- Pay threw the card on Paytm if you don’t have enough money.
- Avail Paytm postpaid if you have a good history with Paytm same like credit card & pay later.
- Bank to bank transfer using UPI like PhonePe BHIM or Google pay is also free on Paytm.
Paytm Shopping drawback
- Worst customer support in case you need help while shopping/canceling/returning items,
- It can take up to 7 days for the money to be credited to the bank account if you Return Products on Paytm, but it’s free always.
Paytm Wallet Drawback
- Money Transfer from Paytm to the bank account can charge you up to 4%,
- You may lose your available Paytm cash if you losses you mobile, they don’t have authentication using email id,
- Dependency on the Internet while paying money as compared to using cash/Card
- Not available on all major online & offline stores, means you have to keep your debit/credit card with you if you are going to buy from such store.
- Sometimes the application doesn’t work properly as it comes with lots of services combined in a single app.
- Few merchants declined to accept Paytm money due to security, less monthly limit or to make black money.
- It may charge to the merchant to accept payment from customers in future as nothing is free in the world.
- Not available on at least all popular websites like Amazon/Flipkart right now.
List of important Services offered by Paytm
- Recharge(Mobile/DTH/Metro), Bill Payment(Mobile/Electricity/Water/Gas),
- Flight ticket booking
- Credit card bill payment
- Hotel booking
- Insurance payment
- Bus ticket booking
- The gift card of third-party brands
Paytm Security issue-
Paytm authenticate using mobile OTP, if someone gets access to your mobile, he can misuse your money easily, Paytm never refund such fraud money.
There are always some advantage & the disadvantage of any product or service in the market, but you have to identify the real value of it according to demand & smartness. Keep in mind the security & usage policy to make life easy & secure, please read the complete list of advantage & the disadvantage of using Paytm.
Keep in mind the security & usage policy to be safe from unusual charges or fraud & make life smart with such a smart wallet.
Other important facts about Paytm
Is it possible to Add money to the wallet and after getting Cashback to transfer it to bank account?.
Add money to Paytm wallet & transfer to the bank account - If you are adding money by thinking so, you may not get benefits, because you will be able to transfer money from wallet to bank but you might be charged 3% of the money being transferred. So you will not get any profit or loss.
Do you have an upgraded Paytm wallet? - Upgrade your Paytm wallet by submitting KYC to Paytm & increase your monthly limit up to 1 lakh monthly.
Is it possible to add money first to the wallet and then buy product or recharge on Paytm?
You can add money to Paytm wallet for fast, secure & easy payment option, you will also get cashback on shopping, recharge, bill payment & all other service using Paytm wallet money.
If you love for shopping on another website, it will be better to add money to the wallet first & then pay using Paytm wallet & keep Debit/Credit card safe.
Can I shop on Paytm and transfer Paytm wallet balance to the bank account?
Yes, you can easily transfer Paytm wallet balance to the bank account.
What are the different queries covered in this article?
- Drawbacks of Paytm,
- 5 disadvantages of Paytm,
- Why use Paytm,
- benefits of Paytm wallet upgrade,
- demerits of Paytm,
- How Paytm gets profit,
- Paytm KYC disadvantages,
- Benefits of Paytm recharge,
- Disadvantages of e-wallet,
- Disadvantages of Paytm app,
- Disadvantages of mobile money,
- Advantages and disadvantages of mobile wallet,
- The conclusion of Paytm,
- Advantages of using Paytm,
- Advantages and disadvantages of Paytm.